Friday, November 28, 2014

Let there be Light- Quietfire Style! and more holiday inspiration.

When the weather outside is frightful, the day becomes delightful with the new lantern digital file from Quietfire Design.
The files are  in the Silhoutte Store and right now are on sale for 50 cents!!!
Suzanne shows us how to put it together in this video below.

Here is how it looks right off the mat.
On the back you can see the perforated lines- I have darkened them for the photo.

Follow Suzanne's suggestion to score them with a straight edge. It's important to get them right for the lantern to line up square when you fold it.
I don't like the way the perf lines look, so I put the cut line setting on sketch, put a pencil in the blade holder, let the Cameo mark the lines and score them on a score board.





















The inserts are made of tracing paper.
I also removed the little cut outs by releasing the compound path.

and my new fave stamp from the Celtic Christmas Set
Celtic Peace- also on sale!
 Those we love are the snowflakes of life stamped in Versafine Blue Lagoon and thermal embossed clear.
The back

As it comes from the store
After I've messed with it!
All I want for Christmas is Peace!
A little fiber scrap tree and sequins(put a bird on it!).
Please share with us what you are creating with the files and stamps!
Comments and Questions Welcomed!
Shout out to Gari Carter for my paperwhites!
A small bulb and glass would fit right in the lantern!

1 comment:

Jutta said...

Wow Robyn you've been busy, I love the lanterns and your cards too, especially the scraps of fabric trees. Have a great day!