Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WOYWW October 15-Pens, Paper and Pumpkins!

As instructed by our fearless desk hopping leader 
(and Guest Designer! Do hop over to
 Quietfire Creations to see, and more to come on October 22) here are totally untouched, unposed photos of my desks.
My links are to inspire and amuse, rather than blatantly advertise, tho I do blow my own horn occasionally !

I took a calligraphy course ( more here), and must practice everyday to learn the hand, hence the practice papers and pens.

The lighted pumpkin was "made" with a 3D printer!, button pushed by my dear SIL. Fun!

The fold and tuck cards are digital cuts from the blog of Debby, Paper Pulse.
Fun fun fun!
What was I thinking? I'm in a quiltie swap.
What do I know about quilting?
Channeling Twiglet!!! 
Got myself a walking foot and learning free motion sewing!
Old dog, new tricks- stay tuned.
And lots and lots of new Quietfire Design stamps.
Blame Pinterest for the wine bag card holder (digital file here)
I don't stay up nights thinking up these things- I sleep!

I could use more poetry and art and journaling in my life, so if you feel so inclined please visit
Poetry Journal Monthly and share some with us all.
Comments = prizes!

Off to desk hop around the world?

Comments and questions always welcomed!

9 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Wow you are busy.. fab and I would love to take this yummie muffin from your T-Day post from yesterday-
Happy belated T-Day - Happy WOYWW!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Trying new things keeps us on our toes! :D Good Luck!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #21

Eliza said...

super busy you are and what a great collection of cards.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan #42

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I've never seen a 3D printer in action - I'm intrigued! Great collection of cards! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #50

Lisca said...

Like Zsuzsa, I'm intrigued by what a 3D printer could be like.... But I love those cards! I used to do that some years ago and I probably still got the templates somewhere.
Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
Have a good week,
a hug and God bless,
Lisca#26

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely mixture of crafts! I love that goldy-orange card at the top - perfect for Autumn cards. Do show the quilting as you go along, won't you? Have a great week, Chris # 16

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

3D printing, amazing! what next? Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41

Julia Dunnit said...

great use of Pinterest! I will co-ordinate my other post for Oct 22nd too then. Blimey, it's working out! I lOVE that you're channeling Twiglet - and tha tyou said YES before over thinking it - good for yoU!

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous stuff on your desk! I love what you are doing! Those cut and tuck cards are brilliant. Who needs colour when you get all that lovely light and shade and texture? Really fun stuff. Love the embroidery threads too. I am going to start doing free motion embroidery in the new year if I ever manage to finish my mini-album first... As for 3D printers, can't wait to see one, and use one. They are nothing short of miraculous.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #37