Monday, December 2, 2013

Imagine Ornament Swap

 I love swaps! I find it a peace building activity to send crafty love out into the world to someone I've never met.

Imagine Crafts sponsored this ornament swap, and every time I type Imagine I hum a few bars of John Lennon!

Using Imagine/Tsukineko products, we made holiday ornaments, sending one to Imagine to be used for display at Winter CHA, and one to our swap mates, mine, Mary in MA.

I cut Spellbinders Create a Flake 4 the biggest die out of a DCWV glitter stack- 10 of the largest size, glued two together-could not have done this with out my Glue Marker- LOVE IT!- Marco's has them-and folded them in half.

The ornament die is a discontinued SB, I stamped the paper first with Brilliance Starlight Silver and Platinum Planet with a background stamp from About Art Accents.

Be sure you let it dry before you stamp with VersaMark and thermal emboss with Queens Gold.
The Quietfire Design Christmas Stamps are on sale- so hop over there and get yours in time to make a few more cards!




Tip of the day
{To make sure your paper is dry enough to emboss, pout some power on it before you stamp to see if it sticks.}

I sprayed some Fireworks on there-needed more glitz!
Then you fold and glue them all up and put them together, while praying for World Peace, add a few beads and a punched flake and off to the Post Office and wait for Mary's creation to brighten my day!

I'll be demoing a simplified version for Spellbinders at Michaels this month, so stop by and see me if you are in Western NC.
Arden Michaels, December 7 and 18, 2-5pm
and
Asheville Michaels, December 13 and 22, 2-5pm

You may say I'm a dreamer
I'm no the only one.
Maybe someday you'll join us.
And at the world will live as one.

Comments and Questions always welcomed.