Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pressing Flowers in the Grand Calibur

I've been pressing flowers in the Wizard for years, and that faithful machine has been gathering dust except for cutting steel rule dies.

The seasons first violets got my brain thinking that maybe I could press flowers in my Spellbinder GC.

Left is the finished card going out to my dear friend Gabriela-Happy Birthday!!!!
The card is in the mail! (almost)

Choose fresh picked plant material, not too juicy or thick. Have everything ready to press, sooner after picking the better your print will be.

Print onto watercolor paper, at least 90 lb. You will use two pieces for each print.

Instructions below are for the Grand Calibur.
I encourage you to experiment with your own machines and let me know how it turns out.




First lay your paper on the grey A base plate and arrange your flowers.
Place another piece of paper on top
the tan embossing mat
and the B pink embossing plate and run it through.
VOILA!

Above photo is the natural color untouched by ink or Photoshop. A dandelion surrounded by violets.
The left is the bottom print and the right is the top.

Next I cut die cut the print with SB deckle edge classic ovals large.
 I used the largest die , cut and embossed.
I thought it looked a little sparse, so I ran it rough again adding a few spring phlox.

Keeping the print in the die, I stenciled in some Distress Antique Linen. Hint-This is a light color and I label and dedicate one sponge for all my light colors( less distress-the bad kind-that way).



To finish off the card I layered with SB Resplendent Rectangles, colorizing with Distress Shaded Lavender and Delicata Golden Glitz.
The print layer is popped up with fun foam
(I'm too cheap ,Scot,
thrifty, to buy pop dots.)





Happy Spring-take a walk, gather respectfully, experiment and have fun!









Comments and questions welcomed!

1 comment:

heartgarden said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! So springy.