Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Just Because......

....the Canadian Scrapbooker April Sketchy challenge had a diamond grid

....Elaine gave me the most delicious morel mushroom!

....The Quietfire Creations technique of the month is Modern Grids

....I'm trying to make friends with my Distress paint.














Here is the sketch
The Distress paint transformed a white piece of water color paper into a matte background.
The silver circles are punched out of Joss paper and the butterflies out of what was laying around on my desk, with a little stickles.
I couldn't find a morel stamp- close enough- stamped in VersaFine sepia, watercolored and colorized with Distress Sage and Tea Dye.
I drew in the grid with an Inkssential White pen, and added some Liquid Pearls to the intersections.
Just Because, is one of the Ten Tiny Tag Sentiments, a must for ATC-ers, stamped in VersaFine Olympia Green and thermal embossed clear.

This ones for you Elaine- to add to the Black Mountain Farmers Market Gallery!

Comments and questions welcomed.








2 comments:

Kim said...

I think this is beautiful!! While I haven't tried the paints, my stain marbeling didn't pan out until I really used a lot on the craft sheet...so don't hold back!

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you
knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

my site - diets that work fast