Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Creative Chemistry -Day 3

I learned two very interesting things today. On this tag to the left, the top stamp is the pad tapped on the rubber- clear crisp image.
The stamp below is the pad rubbed on the stamp- a 'second generation' image, without inking and having to stamp off some of the ink.

What I didn't learn- if oil and water don't mix, why does putting oil based ink act as a primer for water based ink on rubber?

The second was in spite of the class. I was having issues with my printer only wanting to print in black and Sir Google suggested I soak the ink jets in hot water. Messy and it worked!









To the left Alcohol Ink agates. Stamps by Quietfire
                                                               












Below Archival ( I used Versafine) Resist. the technique is using oil based inks


To the right is printing with embossing folders with oil based ink that acts as a resist so you can colorize over with water based ink.
Please keep in mind this is mostly a technique class and I'm not trying to pretty up the tags.
They have notes and instructions on the back as well.


Comments and questions welcomed.


3 comments:

Beverly G said...

I like that embossing folder you used. That's a pretty cool technique.

Denise said...

Hello from class - lovely stuff- especially the embossing folder one :-)

Yogi said...

nice job on the tags for day 3.

Don't like the word verification though