Monday, July 11, 2011

Just a Note

...is about all you are going to get from me today.
The theme of Created Byhand Challenge is 'only 2 colors'.
I used Distress old paper and antique linen and thinking it was all in the family fudged a bit using Versafine sepia for the quote and heart tags. the background is from the Crows set.
Hard to see, I sanded the color off of the brads and colorized them with sepia and thermal embossed. The colors are very close and blend with the card a lot more in person.
The flower is rolled ribbon with a glue dot and a hint of vintage linen and a liquid pearls center.
It was hard not to cheat and add more colors- especially to the heart. Use your imagination.
If you ever get the chance visit the Brandywine River Museum in Chadds Ford ,PA and check out the pencil drawings done by Andrew Wyeth with only a #2 pencil. When I look at them I see colors.
any questions- leave me a comment.
I'm thinking this will make a nice gift tag.

Thanks for your comments and please post your own entry.
To read what is on my heart please visit Still waters refuge

4 comments:

Yogi said...

yup a nice gift tag. Pretty flower

Beth Akins said...

Sweet! I love those mini stamps :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty.

Kim Dellow said...

It is great Robyn! Kim