Monday, June 13, 2011

Just for You

When Suzanne was working on the newest rubber plate, she asked what sentiments we were wanting and I'm thrilled to have this set of 10 tiny sentiments, including this one.
This card started as an ATC and morphed into a  gift tag, gift and recipient TBD.
I've never been a big fan of tags, and when Wanda sent me her post, for this weeks Created Byhand Challenge-Circles and Dots, I was converted, and I shamelessly copied.
I Just got the new distress stains and am still working on using them. I pounced some spun suger on to the tag, dried it and added wild honey, dried it and added antique linen. I used the top of the cover of the stain bottle as a stamp in distress ink( I forget what color-sorry) to stamp the circles. I spattered water over the background to get some dots.
The tag is Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 2, with more spun sugar and wild honey applied with the ink blending tool, while the paper is still in the die.
Thermal embossed the sentiment, clear, stamped with Versafine sepia. the pearls are drops of Liquid pearls.
Also new to me are the Faber-Castell Gelatos. I mixed them on my craft sheet with a bit of water and spread them around the tag for some glimmer. A nice medium and I like the way they are packaged-a lot less messy than my watercolor sticks. Shout Out to AJ Scrapbook Essentials for their generous prize certificate. Watch this space for more on gelatos.
I put some dots on the ribbon with Stardust pens- they have been feeling neglected.
Thanks for your comments and questions and please post your own entry in the challenge.
To read what is on my heart, please visit Still Waters Refuge

6 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful, Robyn!!!

Yogi said...

I agree with Wanda. Great job on those pearl drops. Lovely piece.

beverly said...

This is one of the prettiest pieces I've seen. beautiful.

Elaine S. said...

This is really cute. Thanks for the instructions. Always lookign for new techniques.

Louise said...

This is a beautiful piece!! Great job and love the walk through of all the products used. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Gerri Herbst said...

So pretty Robyn,
thanks for yr nice comments on my glittery sea match box. I will check out your createdby hand site too. take care, gerri