Monday, May 23, 2011

Layouts-Not

A suggestion was made that I offer layouts as part of the themes in the Created Byhand Challenge.
One of the DT members reacted very negatively to this, an she spoke my mind.
Still it put a bug in my bonnet and i tried to make a card using this weeks theme- Queens/Purple-and a card layout from Gina K. I enjoyed using her scoring background, and then I lost it. I don't think I was cut out to be a follower.
I went with the purple.
I scored the background and inked up the debossed side with pumice stone Distress ink-right from the pad. the ribbon is more purple than the scan shows- stash-stop by if you need any ribbon!
I tried my best to layer and line everything up- embrace imperfection!.
The rose I stamped by coloring on the stamp with distress inks and the cut and dry nibs.
The quote was stamped black and thermal embossed clear.
I used the ink blending tool to add a little milled lavender to the image.
Stamp club at ASAP, my LSS is this weeks so I can use this for our card exchange. I always get inspired at stamp club. This month we are going to bringing our fav images and cardstock and swap stamping images. Fun!
Please leave a comment.
To read what is on my heart please visit Still Waters Refuge.
I think it's a good one. lol.

1 comment:

Yogi said...

very pretty. Nice layout. Love the colors and that's a nice rose stamp. Perfect. Love your background too. Looks like you used the Scor-it tool. Haven't read your description yet, so better do that now BIG GRIN