Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thank you Sue


Shout out to my new friend Sue, who loaned me this new Tim Holtz texture fade embossing folder before she even used it! Sue introduced me to the good folks and stamp club at my LLS , A Stamp Artist Place , and never lets the conversation lag.
These folders emboss so deep you have to pop out the paper. even with heavy stock and chip board there is no need for paper glide. This makes it easy to ink up the top layer.
I brayered on perfect medium and heat embossed with clear, on white card stock. Then using the foam blending tool I used tumbled glass and stormy sky distress ink, and rubbed the excess off of the flakes. I glazed with metallic water colors for a shimmery look you can't see. I put perfect medium on the edge of a white card and embossed with silver and layered the flakes over that to get a metallic edge( I must have cropped off the left edge of the card in the photo, in real life the edges are symmetrical).I heat embossed the Let it Snow in black and distressed over that and inked the edge in silver.
Friends will get you through times of no embossing folders better than embossing folders will get you through times of no friends!
Thanks Sue.

2 comments:

Quietfire said...

This is beautiful. Great effect with embossing the high points. Thanks for using the rubber (again!)

Unknown said...

Robyn, Great design for this time of year. We had major flurries today. You look/sound like you are having fun creating!