Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Countdown


I'm writing this on the first Sunday of Advent. I decorated my house, sang the first verse of the Carol of the Advent, made a bunch more gifties for the 12 days of Christmas Mingle(mail fail) and got this card together.
I'm in love with this new rubber . The trees, I stamped and cut out, one embossed with glitter, one with distress ink and one I gessoed first then inked- bottom left- i like that one the best. Added some stickles ornaments. The star was stamped and embossed in gold.
The background was the resist technique Wanda taught us. The snowflake stamped with versamark on glossy paper, then distress ink added and wiped with a tissue.
Let's all remember the reason for the season and be gentle with ourselves as we count the days in awe and wonder and joy of the miracle of birth and rebirth.